On March 22, 2011 the Harper government introduced their budget. The opposition parties have declared they will not support the budget. An election is imminent. Here are a few comments for the voters to consider.
· Prime Minister Stephen Harper has led one of the longest serving minority governments in the history of Canada.
· He rules over Canada’s largest federal debt nearing $559 billion with the voters’ share currently around $16 thousand.
· He rules with a flagrant disregard or respect for parliament and with disdain for anyone who opposes him.
· He argues the opposition has not read the budget. That is not true. They do not need to read every sentence to get the drift. After all, it is not a national best seller.
· He is currently the most dominant, some say dictatorial, Prime Minister in the history of Canada. Bar none!
· Regardless, voters view Stephen Harper as the best leader.
· More importantly, voters should set aside party politics and vote for the best person to represent their interests.
· Healthcare rules over the economy on important issues to voters. Ethics in government, transparency, and honesty are also top-rated issues.
· Only the conservatives or the liberals have a chance to form government.
It will be a dirty hard-fought election. Voter turnout may be up slightly and the Stephen Harper conservatives may form a majority government. Have a Great Election!